10 Tips to Walk 10,000 Steps Every Day
10 Easy Ways to Reach 10,000 Steps Every Day
Living an active and healthy lifestyle requires more than just one hour of cardio or weight training each day. Though a balanced diet is essential for any wellness makeover and weight loss plan, an individual will achieve faster, longer-lasting results by stepping up their daily activity level. For some, however, this may require walking a whole lot more as experts recommend taking 10,000 steps each day at minimum.
If you’re no where close to that figure, you’re not alone. But, don’t think you’re off the hook either. Here are 10 easy ways to reach 10,000 steps a day.
- Park your car at the end of the parking lot when shopping, running errands or going to dinner. You’ll gain up to 2,000 extra steps.
- Opt to take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator whenever possible. You’ll burn a lot more calories and gain strength.
- Incorporate walking lunges into your weightlifting routine with either bicep curls or overhead shoulder presses to burn more calories and gain those extra steps.
- Schedule a walking work meeting or take a conference call outdoors.. The fresh air will get your creative juices flowing.
- Go window shopping at the mall. It’s a great way to get extra steps in on a rainy day.
- Offer to walk a friend’s or neighbor’s dog. You’ll surely walk further with a four-legged companion tugging you along the way.
- Skip the drive thru and walk in to get your morning coffee.
- Set your alarm clock 15 minutes earlier and use the extra time to take a lap or two around the block before heading to work.
- Instead of meeting a friend for lunch, plan an hour walk or hike during your break.
- Skip the cart return in the parking lot and walk the shopping cart back to the store front.
Getting in those daily 10,000 steps each day may seem like a challenge. That’s why we recommend tracking your daily activity with Fitbit and Digifit. Fitbit’s daily step tracker keeps you motivated to move more. Now integrated with Digifit’s heart rate monitoring app, you’ll obtain more accurate data for calories burned during vigorous workouts for a complete fitness and weight loss tracking system.
Fatal error: Uncaught Exception: 12: REST API is deprecated for versions v2.1 and higher (12) thrown in /home/content/66/9732666/html/wp-content/plugins/seo-facebook-comments/facebook/base_facebook.php on line 1273